We are living in a world of uncertainties, thus we all don’t know what will happen on this very moment and what to expect later. It is correct to say that life indeed is a gamble and we play the odds everyday. We just set our game plan and hope that the odds or luck will stick on our side.
However, there are some arenas where we wanted to know if the odds are in favor or against us such as winning the lottery. Do you know that the probability of one being killed while driving to the store to buy the lotto ticket is about 3% higher than winning the actual jackpot.
Good news for everyone, there is one aspect in life that the odds will be 100% favoring us.. DEATH! We all know that there is no way to cheat, and there is no absolute odds that death will occur at any given time.
However, there are some statistics gathered on how an individual will ultimately face death. Read on to learn and be surprised at these intriguing death odds!
* The odds of being hit by a lightning in any given year are about 1/500,000.
* Statistics shows that worldwide, 2% of death every year are caused by car accidents. And studies show that road users who talked on the cell phone while driving are 1.3 times likely to have an accident as against those who drive without distractions.
* Based on the 2009 World Health Organization annual report, 1.3 million people die from car accident each year worldwide.
* The odds of being attack by sharks are about 1/300,000,000.
* The odds of actually dying in a plane crash are 1/11,000,000.
* The odds of dying in an accident involving a train are 1/500,000.
* The odds of dying in a motorcycle incidents are 1/1020.
* The odds of dying in a pedestrian accidents are 1/625.
* The odds of dying in a bicycle accident are 1/4920.
* Did you know that every year, 150 people are killed by coconut worldwide!
* The chances of being murdered are 1/20,000.
* Did you know that 4,000 people die by drowning every year?
* Did you know that earthquakes kill about 10,000 people every year?
* Did you know that 75% of accidents happen in our own home?
* The odds of dying from a dog bite are 1/700,000.
* The odds of dying from heart disease are 1/400.
* The odds of dying from cancer are 1/600.
* The odds of dying in an alcohol poisoning are 1/10,050.
* The odds of dying due to food choking are 1/370,000.