Sliders

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Easy Do It Yourself (Diy) for Your Body

Help yourself with these treats that are 100% good for you!

Get the benefits of a relaxing massage sans the privy spa. Try giving yourself a spot massage! DIY massages are quick and easy. Just pick a body part and knead, knead, knead your way to stress-free heaven.

Pain in the back?

photo link

Got a stiff neck? Try this soothing stroke. Start on the right side by pressing the fingers of your left hand into your neck, just below the base of your skull. Slowly drag your fingers down to your right shoulder while tilting your head to the left. As your left hand moves from neck to shoulder, your left ear should approach your left shoulder. Repeat this motion several times, then switching hands and work on your left side.

Back me up!

photo link

Sore upper back? Loosen up those knots with these smooth moves! While seated, lift your right hand and point your elbow upward. Let your right hand dangle behind you, just below your head. Then squeeze the three middle fingers of your left hand together and press these fingertips against the right side of your upper back. Stroke down your right side, moving towards your waist. Repeat this motion several times, then switch hands and work on your left side.

Go foot loose!

photo link

Give your tired tootsies some relief. While seated, rest your left foot on your right thigh, forming a figure four. Hold your left ankle with your left hand, and slowly rotate the foot with your right hand. Rotate clockwise, starting with small circles but shifting to larger ones. Then rotate counter-clockwise. Next, hold your foot with both hands and make lengthwise strokes., firmly pressing into it with your thumbs. You can also use those thumbs to make tiny circles on the sole and arch. Try pulling gently on your toes, first sideways, then forward and back. Now work on the other foot.

Have your own juice bar!

photo link

Forget about the coffee and soda. Next time you need a thirst-quencher, mix up your own fruit shake. These concoctions are just as yummy but twice as healthy! Pick one from below and check out the ingredients. Then combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and thick. Bottoms up!

Tutty-fruity Slush

You’ll need: 1 medium-sized banana, ½ cup quartered strawberries, ½ cup pineapple or mango (cut into chunks, ¾ orange juice, and 1 cup of crushed ice.

Low-calorie Banana Smoothie

You’ll need: ¼ cup non-fat powdered milk, ¾ cup water, 1 banana, and four crushed ice cubes.

Orange and Banana Crush

You’ll need: 1/3 of an orange (sectioned), 1/3 of a banana (cut into chunks), 2 ounces of pineapple juice, 1/3 cup crushed ice and ½ tbsp. honey.

21 comments:

  1. Actually those fruity tutty slushes are easy to make but I'm just lazy to make my own drinks. I'll drink water instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! That's why juicer is a must in our house and blender too! don't forget a bunch of fruits always make one for merienda. I always have stiffneck and sore foot from wearing heels xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This do it yourself massage can really be soothing and helpful for body aches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have to follow all of your tips here Papaleng. Need all to make myself stress-free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are great tips for curing simple aches and creating certain drinks

    ReplyDelete
  6. It feels so good to do self-massage, knowing that you have saved bucks from the pricey spa! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great info Kuya. No need to go to the spa or reflexologist when I can do some pressure points to myself na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always do those! Except for that juicers :( can you believe that I'm not taking any fruits? LOL that's why I lack some of vitamins! Maybe I should include that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I badly need a massage rightnow, work can be stressful and I need this to relax and recharge my energy. And oh i love that healthy juices too, im planning to buy a blender this week and have a healthy fruity and green juices a new diet that i want to try .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I can forget coffee, lol. Well sometimes we really have some muscle pains and your do it yourself tip really works. I usually ask hubby to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Massage and fruit shakes make up some of the simple joys we have in life. I's always a good idea to give one self a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really miss the Thai Massage in Thailand and sad to tell I can't afford massage here its so expensive even though I needed it.I love fruit shake so I made every week during summer time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes when I am stressed out, I feel that pain at the back of my neck. A good massage from my hubs does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. just done the pain in the neck and back massage... bloggers pain so they say... thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh am gee! craving for those fruity drinks now! I could share the neck and back massages to friends who often complain of back and neck pains! thanks again for an exemplary informational post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i constantly battle with back pains. i will do this back pain tip, papaleng.
    always love banana smoothie around here in my small household.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for sharing this post, i have to learn those first 3. :) i love getting massage and smoothie, we love it. i am not a soda and coffee drinker anymore, lucky, hehehe, i stopped drinking coffee for almost 2 years now...but i am loving tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Abah! I feel it strange to read something a post of this kind published by Papaleng, hehehe!

    Anyhow, lovely tips here po. I don't drink soda or coffee but I do love tea. A real thirst quencher would also work perfect for me.

    I frequently get sore backs so this post is really very helpful. Thanks Papaleng. MWah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once in awhile one has to deviate from his usual writing style para my element of surprise. Mahigpit din ang pangangailangan ko ng panahong ito. Besides it was a trending topic eh.

      Delete
  19. I've been experiencing stiff neck for couple of days now. I dont know if its probably due to the extra hot weather, i dont know. But i'd love to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These DIY can improve our health. They are simple and inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete