“Success and disappointment walk hand-in-hand”, that’s how many view life. Great leaders and idealistic young men, totally or in part, will agree with this view. However, one has to learn how to deal with the pain brought by disappointment in order to fully enjoy the fruits of success. Following are some techniques helpful in turning failures into success as you thread the road to overcome disappointments.
Ignore the Critics
* Turn your ears away from critics howl and don’t be a skeptic! Believe in yourself! Remember… Success is just one percent pure talent and 99 percent dedication and determination.
Keep Your Head High
* Instead of running away from troubles and trials in life – Face them and look at them straight in the eye! Keep your head high and say, “You’re no match against my powers. I can overcome you!
Get a “Failure” Trash Can
* Albert Einstein, Walt Disney, and Michael Jordan - what do these “men of success” have in common? They all experienced frustrations and failures somewhere in their lives. But what made them successful – they threw away the evidences of their disappointments and made the first step to reach their dreams. Do you get it?
Write About It
* Studies have suggested that writing down your painful experiences and emotional events help in clamping down stress and encourages healing. You can start put anything down on paper.
Wear an Armor
* Don’t misinterpret the saying “All things happen for a reason.” Never have the wrong thoughts that disappointments is like a magnet, where you are attracted into. Create an imaginary bubble where you can hide yourself at the sight of potential failures.
Look at Things from a Distance
* In a game of chess, one can clearly sees his position ably and clearly if he will look at the chessboard at a distance. Same in life, you have to back away with some distance to see so you can see the real picture experiences bring.
Pamper Yourself with Gentleness
* When disappointments enveloped your heart and mind, just be cool. Don’t ever scream or shout back at yourself! The situation will never be change even if you shout on top of your voice blaming yourself for the bind your in. Be calm and speak to yourself with gentleness. You deserve one.
Create a Pearl
* Marvel at how a naïve oyster can turn an irritating grain of sand into a beautiful, white pearl. So, let your disappointments and failures form a highly-prized pearl.
Dancing in the Rain
* My dad once told me, “Son, don’t wait for the typhoon to be over before you make your next move,” “You must learn how to feel the coldness it brings by dancing in the rain.“ Get my point. You’ll never know how deep is a river unless you jumped into it.
Nurture Your Roots
* Learn perseverance from the bamboos. Frail and with few leaves, yet.. they can withstand storms… Why? Because their roots are firmly planted on the ground.
Take a One step-at-a-time Strategy
* Haste makes waste as the old adage dictates. Study the butterfly’s life cycle – from a fragile caterpillar, then passing a cocoon stage, finally transforming into a colorful butterfly ready to flap its wings.
Let Cracks to Set in
* Have you ever wondered, why cracks appear in your career, relationship, or personal plans? It is not there to suggest that your endeavor is a failure, but rather, it is an opening for light to come in.
Get Up and Keep Trying
* The scriptures say, God don’t count the number of times we fall, rather the number of times we get up! So if disappointments knocks you down to the ground five times, then stand up six times.
Join the Race
* Put on your running shoes go and run in the human race. This is the arena where you’ll gain knowledge about mistakes and disappointments, reflecting on them as you pass over them, and turning each failure into knowledge, and growth.
Hold onto Hope and Believe in Miracles
* My formula for success, hold onto hope and expect miracles to happen… they do come when you least expected them!