If we take a look at the history of mankind, we will notice that people develop as well as implement laws to keep their everyday lives more peaceful as well as easier. When a person failed to follow the laws, the individual will face charges and penalties, which can range from fines to life sentence or in some countries, death penalty. Below are some of the laws that can surely get your attention because these sound foolish and crazy.
10. Drinking with Your Pet!
Drinking alcohol beverages is very common in social gatherings. It is also an effective way of relaxing and interacting with other people. However, do you know that in Ohio, people are prohibited to drink with a fish because if they get the species drunk, they will surely be punished. Many people questioned the logic to this law. They usually asked if there was ever a person who had gotten a fish drunk.
* A resembling foolish law in the state of Connecticut states that before a pickle be declared a pickle, it should bounce. If the pickle did not bounced, then it will not be recognized as a pickle.
9. Enjoying Oneself
Some cultures do not allow men to masturbate. This is because there are religions, which believe that masturbation is a form of sin. In this regard, if you like to enjoy by touching yourself, then it is best that you avoid visiting countries that has this law such as Indonesia because one of the punishments that you can experience is losing your head.
* A similar ridiculous law implemented in San Salvador, El Salvador is punishing drunk drivers with death by firing squad.
8. Beating Your Wife
Many areas in the world have laws regarding domestic violence. However, if you are a resident in Arkansas, beating your wife can be acceptable if you do it once a month. So if you cannot stop yourself from beating your wife, then it is best to schedule when you will hit your partner.
* A similar ridiculous law is implemented in Vermont. The law states that a wife can wear false teeth if her husband allows her.
7. Shaving is a Yes
In Massachusetts, people are not allowed to have a goatee. If you really want to set a trend of wearing a goatee, then you should get a license.
* On the other hand, at Brainerd in Minnesota, a law requires men to have a beard.
6. Do Not Burp
Most cultures view burping as unethical and embarrassing. However, in Omaha, Nebraska, there is a law that prevents people from burping while in church. If a person burps while at church, then she or he will be arrested.
* A similar law applies in Florida. The law prohibits people from farting in public during Thursdays after six in the evening.
5. Let Him Sleep
Some cultures do not value sleeping as much as in Alaska. At this place, waking a sleeping bear just for taking picture is prohibited. If you do this, you will be arrested and punished.
* Another foolish law in Alaska is related to the viewing of moose and polar bears from an airplane. If you are a traveler and you are passing through the area, you cannot view moose from an airplane but you can view polar bears.
4. Do Not Kiss
Kissing is a sign of affection towards other people. Some people like to do it often. Other like it short and fast. However, if you are the person who wants to be kissed for several minutes, then you should not go to Iowa because the state prohibits people from kissing others for longer than five minutes.
* Another ridiculous law is implemented in Colorado. In this state, men should not kiss their partners on a Sunday.
3. Beauty is not in the Eye of Beholder
If you have the face that only a mother can love, then it is best that you do not go to California. This is for the reason that a certain law in California states that a person labeled by others as ugly should not walk in public or outside the house. If you are ugly and you like to go to malls, then prepare yourself to be arrested or punished.
* A humorous law at Quitman in Georgia states that chickens are not allowed to cross the road. So if you have chicken, it is important that you secure the animals if you do not want to pay fines.
2. Murder is Allowed
In most countries, murder is unacceptable, both in a legal and moral viewpoints. However, murder can be justified in York City if you did this with someone who brings bow and arrow. So if you are new to this place, one of the most important things to know is do not carry a bow and arrow.
* A ridiculous law similar with the first is implemented in Scotland. The law states that if an individual knocks on the door, even if you do not know the person, you should let the individual enter in your place.
1. Postpone Your Death
The most foolish law is implemented in Great Britain. The law prohibits anyone from dying in the House of Parliament. So if a person got assassinated in the place, the person should wait until he or she gets out of the place before he or she dies. When a person fail to follow the law, then the individual will be punished.