Sliders

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Affordable and Natural Remedies for Hair Problem

What do raw egg, honey, yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, avocado and baking soda have in common?

They are all affordable, natural remedies for hair problems!

photo link

For all hair types

Raw egg is considered the best natural remedy that suit well with all hair types. The yolk, loaded with proteins and fats is a good hair moisturizer. The white, laden with bacteria-eating enzymes, helps in eliminating unwanted oils.

Application:

Use the whole egg to condition normal hair; egg yolks only to deal with dry, brittle hair; egg whites only in treating oily hair. Note: Whites-only treatment can be applied twice a month, while whole egg and yolks-only treatments should be done only once a month;

Procedure:

Use 1/2 cup (or more if the need arises) of whichever egg mixture that fits your hair type and apply to clean, wet hair. Let mixture sit for 20 minutes, then rinse using cool water and shampoo hair.

For dull hair

Regular use of some styling products can harm or damage your hair leaving it dulls shine. A good affordable and natural remedy that can restore hair natural shine are plain Yogurt and Sour cream. These dairy products contain lactic acid that removes away dirt and milk which is a natural moisturizing agent.

Procedure:

Prepare 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream; massage into clean, damp hair and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse hair twice – first with warm water, then by cool water. Finish by shampooing hair. Do treatment twice a month.

For itchy scalp

Use an Olive oil and lemon juice concoction to fight dandruff. Lemon juice is rich in acid that helps free your scalp of stubborn dandruff, while the olive oil moisturizes the skin on your head.

Procedure:

Massage a concoction of two tablespoons olive oil, two tablespoons fresh lemon juice, and two tablespoons water, into clean, damp scalp.

Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse and shampoo hair. Apply treatment twice a month or every other week.

For limp hair

An odd but affordable remedy to add body to hair is Beer! Hard to believe , but beer contains a sizeable amount of yeast that do wonder to plump tired tresses.

Procedure:

In a container, mix 1 raw egg, 1/2 cup flat beer, and 1 teaspoon canola oil. Let the mixture sit for a few hours to eat up carbonation. Massage to damp hair, leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with cool water. You can apply treatment every other week.

For dry or sun-damaged hair

Damaged hair because of sun overexposure – Cheers! There’s plenty of Honey at the grocery. your trusty flat iron — nature’s sweetener can help. Honey is an absorbent substance (humectant), meaning it helps retain moisture.

Procedure:

Prepare 1/2 cup honey and massage into clean, damp hair. Leave on for 20 minutes, afterwards rinse with warm water. Treatment can be applied once a month.

For oily or greasy hair

An affordable way of treating this hair problem is the use of Cornstarch!

Procedure:

Pour onto an empty salt or pepper shaker 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Then, sprinkle onto dry hair and scalp until the whole stuff is done. Rest for about 15 minutes, then use a paddle hairbrush to totally brush it out. You can do this procedure every other day.

For frizzy hair

A perfect choice to the job is by using Avocado. It is rich in protein helpful in maintaining hair smoothness and Its oil is a natural moisturizer.

Procedure:

Massage a mashed up regular-sized avocado into clean, damp hair. Leave on for 15 minutes, then rinse with water. Treatment can be applied every two weeks.

For residue-ridden hair

Leave the dirty job of breaking anything acidic to Super Baking Soda.

Procedure:

Make a thick paste using a mixture of 1 to 2 tablespoons baking soda with small amounts of water. Then, massage paste into damp hair and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse with water, then shampoo hair. You can apply this treatment can be every two weeks.

These are all affordable and natural remedies for hair problems, you can do at home. However, if you prefer going to beauty saloons and beauty experts for treatment – that is your choice.

27 comments:

  1. These are great tips Kuya. I will try the olive oil and lemon juice concoction as I get dandruff during winter times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the olive oil and lemon juice and it does work. I will do this every time.

      Delete
    2. Actually, I'm presently experiencing scalp itchiness but I'm afraid to try olive oil or lemon juice because of my skin dermatitis. I just have to stick with my maintenance prescribed by my dermatologist. But these tips are useful to many though.

      Delete
  2. this tips are great for those organic/natural lover...i remember my friend using egg...she even using vinegar as conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papaleng, these are really affordable and helpful tips to keep our hair healthy :-) Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paps, thanks for these tips. Will try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know some of the natural remedies for damaged hair until I came across this article. Thanks for sharing Papaleng! My cousin uses coconut oil for her hair since she was young :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know some of the natural remedies for damaged hair until I came across this article. Thanks for sharing Papaleng! My cousin uses coconut oil for her hair since she was young :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tips, Papaleng. I would probably try the avocado treatment. I tried the egg treatment before but I just found it hard to get rid of the smell. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! such a consuming tips Papaleng. I'm going to try egg yolk for my hair. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips you have here! I always, for the most part, do my apple cider vinegar treatment on my locks and it takes care of residue and such a great clarifying treatment. It also took care of my falling hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing beats all-natural remedies. Thanks for sharing Papaleng, saves money and healthier, too

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am interested with the olive oil and lemon concoction, ma-try nga :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are very helpful tips for less...I use mayo on mine...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is very affordable indeed, i tried few of the home hair remedy and i'm quite amaze of it's effectiveness on me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ako dati Tay plain mayonnaise nilalagay ko sa buhay ko hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. An affordable and 100% natural answer for hair problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I have to buy lots of honey na coz we'll be out this whole month to vaccinate children and my poor hair would be exposed under the sun! Many ingredients in the kitchen really do wonders talaga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know most of these. Imagine just having all the things we need to make our hair healthier right in our own homes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are a lot of alternative in terms of hair treatment. It's also a lot safer using this natural product.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sometimes I used Lemon Juice for my hair, lalo na pag makati nayong scalp ko because of dandruff.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Before, I tried secretly avocado, honey, oats...and the result's fantastic. But right now, no more, it's getting thinner...sign of old age..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I should suggest the procedure on how to treat itchy scalp to my mom. I often see her scratching her scalp and messing her hair. I'm not sure if it's dandruff or just her habit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will suggest this to my friend who has long hair. Helpful tips kuya. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've tried using egg on my hair once. It's fine yet medyo malansa nga lang ang amoy but manageable naman.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice line up. I've heard of white eggs being used a gel. Didn't know it has other use as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Useful post! I need beer on my hair?! Didn't know that until now. Lol.

    ReplyDelete